Monday, September 19, 2011

50 things

When I was at Center for change this was an assignment I had to do in order to phase. I found it tonight and thought I would post it as I have accomplished some of those things and plan on accomplishing more! Full recovery is very likely and worth it. 50 things I want in life 1. Positive body image 2. Be healthy 3. Grad school completion 4. Good relationships with family 5. Be able to be at home not in and out of treatment 6. Love 7. Travel the U.S. and Europe 8. Freedom from Ed-it's better at least! SOOOO much more freedom!! 9. Healing from trauma 10. A family of my own 11. Laughter 12. Run a marathon 13. Graduate from Westminster 14. Free from negative behaviors 15. Do research in psych 16. Write a book 17. Work with other victims someday 18. Be a good and outgoing friend 19. No façade or mask 20. Read 3,000 books in my lifetime 21. Continuous learning 22. Have pets and my kitty Tibra 23. A house of my own 24. Financial independence 25. Self-esteem 26. Self-worth 27. Positive coping skills 28. Consistency with behaviors 29. Great at guitar 30. More hope for myself 31. Take my own advice 32. Not isolate as much 33. Complete a Deso trip on my own 34. Rock climb 35. Ski anything including ♦♦ 36. Do art with out fear or judgment 37. Work as a crisis worker at Rape Recovery Center 38. Have children of my own, adopt and foster them too 39. Become more in tune spiritually 40. Skydive 41. Be less dependent on others and Kelsey 42. Complete puzzles without giving up 43. Be less stubborn 44. Accept my genes and my past 45. Go back and ice skate again 46. Be able to be comfortable when less busy 47. Smile more of and not fake them either 48. Swim with dolphins again 49. Climb Mt. Everest 50. Go to Africa 51. Work with refugees 52. Reach out for support Many of these I have done and are still doing. Some days I can do things and others I can't but I have at least done it once or it has improved. That's huge. It's a work in progress.

1 comment:

Anne-Sophie said...

Hi Devyn,

This is a wonderful blog post. Letters or lists like this help us put everything in perspective.
I am so happy for you and your new-found strength.

I have been struggling with anorexia for 14 years and have finally been able to recover from it.
Now I am podcasting about this issue and my story to raise awareness and to educate.
If you want to check out my podcast and website, you can do it here: fightinganorexia.com
I would love to hear from you.


Love,
Anne - Sophie