Monday, May 24, 2010

Why can't people just accept love is love?

My mind is spinning around in circles. It has lost control. My heart knows that loving her is the right thing and I do. That won't change and I don't regret anything I just wished it wasn't this way. It is scary. It is uncomfortable but I know being uncomfortable is good. I know that I can work through all this, my feelings and my little doubts. It's just I want things to be easier and not always fighting against me. Why can't people just accept it doesn't matter who you love, whether it is a opposite sex or not. Love is love. It shouldn't have to be explained, hidden or threatened. It should be peaceful. I love her. I will always love her. It's just I want the best for her and to have to not hide it from her parents (mostly her mom) and her family out of fear. It is part of why the LDS religion frustrates me. Not the people I have nothing against them and not judgmental just I wish people could at least be respectful and act like adults. I know that is somewhat a generalization but I am frustrated. Ugh...fuck.

I just want to love her and to be at least respected by her family. They don't have to like us or anything, and I don't expect them to, but they shouldn't try to separate us. Sexual orientation is NOT a choice. It is like saying you have the CHOICE to be a heterosexual. It is not something that should be ignored or attempted to change. It is part of my identity and any ones. You can't just tell your body to not feel this way, that your heart is wrong and it must be changed. I did that for so long and I can't do it anymore and I haven't and have learned. I have found more of me in this process and it is amazing. She and I are meant to be in each others life. I don't know about the future but I do know about now. nothing has ever felt so right. It is going to work out. It will be ok. I just have to live in the moment, be mindful, focus on the positives, use my support, and keep Ed out like I have. I can do this. It has almost been 3 1/2 months since I have really kept Ed out. It has been that long since the turning point in my recovery and it isn't always easy still but I am still learning and not letting my guard down. I am still doing well and living in the freedom. I can do this. It is going to be ok. Believe to achieve. I believe I can achieve.
<3 Dev
Anyone have ideas or insights? I'm so stuck.

No comments: