Monday, August 2, 2010

Amazed at myself!

Freedom
Today is a day I thought that would never come. It came sooner than I could ever imagine. It took a lot of trust in my treatment team, friends, family and other support to help me to believe that as of today I am officially done with therapy. I have felt really strong and been really strong recovery wise for many months now and Ed hasn't been much of a problem at all. It's been more the whole self-confidence thing that can still get at me a little bit....but that is perfectly fine. I don't always have to like myself but I do love who I am. I don't always have to be strong or be able to handle things on my own, but I do have to ask for support and reach out to friends and family when I need to. I don't and will not always have good days but I have many. I have been thinking about all that I have had to do to get where I am today all the visits, sessions, meal plans and most importantly breaking ED's RULES! Those may have been hard and at times I even doubted whether I could do it, deserved it or should even bother but I am SOOOOO GLAD THAT I DID!!!!!! All the work you have to do is SO WORTH it. I am not to the point where I can completely say this is the end...but I can say that I am where I need to be to continue to succeed in this journey. Recovery is a journey and one thing I learned, especially through the past two retreats, is that Ed will always be around but he won't have the power or control. Honestly, Ed doesn't really have much control ever....the bully a little, ms. p tiny bit....but Ed not so much. I find the things that I have to overcome are just "normal" daily stressors and situations. The thing is I can overcome anything that life throws my way and hell Ed well he's near but not controlling. Freedom is soo possible. Trusting others, believing in yourself and trusting yourself is sooo possible. I believe everyone deserves recovery AND can succeed in recovery and life. It is possible. You can do anything if you put your heart to it and really work hard on it. It takes time but all the little steps add up and it all happens when it happens. I fully accept where I am in my life and I am so amazed and proud of myself for it. I just got to keep doing what I am doing. I got this! We all can do this! MC has helped me soo much especially all the relationships and support I have built. It is truly amazing. Freedom is possible. "Ed takes, recovery gives." Cheryl

No comments: