Friday, September 24, 2010

I want...I need...I will do...

I am really struggling. I am done denying that. I am sinking and falling faster than ever, even in my past, but this time I am noticing it. I am fighting...well trying my hardest to not fall. I am trying to find a reason to fight for myself but I am holding on to those that love me. I don't want to hurt them. I want to find the real me that has been hidden. I know I am slowly exploding and it is only a matter of time...but I hope it doesn't come.

I love Westminster and everyone there sooo much. It has changed my life and school keeps me sane...well mostly. I know being busy is the way I cope...well least harmful. I know that I have slipped into old behaviors...which isn't good. Even if it is easy...I have never been one to take the easy way out...why start now. I am going to fight. I know people love me...deep down I know I am worth it...I just can't feel it now.

It is hard because so many people look up to me. I am the one doing well and making strides and I can't let people down. I am trying to find out what I need to do. I know I need more help but asking for it is hard (even though I asked and got it last week). I feel I should be better now not worse after a week. It is just so hard. So many things are running though my brain. I don't want to hide. I want to be happy or at least I think somewhere in me does. I know I have work that needs to be done. I always say I will do whatever takes, I should live up to what I say. I should take the advice I give others. The advice that says to keep fighting and this journey is worth it. You're not all....but somehow I feel so alone. I am doing what I need to. I am at least being honest with Kelsey and with my parents. I know people care and just want to help me. I am just stubborn and don't want to leave. I don't want to leave what I have now. I feel i am not strong enough and will fall apart.

Somehow, some way, I know that something needs to change within me. I need to fight, and I will. As hard as it is, I have come to far to give up, even though I want to...I won't. I will fight. I will do it NO MATTER WHAT.

I can't believe I am saying that. I really do swing back and fourth with this right now but I am holding on. I want freedom. I will do this...it just may take some time...I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I know that and I will try to not just fix it but solve it and find new ways..healthier ones. not ones that only last so long. Don't get me wrong, I know i have succeeded in doing a lot. i know that i have come further than anyone thought possible..but I got a ways to go. I am scared. I don't want to be scared of life or myself. I want to be healthy and happy. I will....eventually, I hope.

Others love me. I love others and those that have been there for me. If I gave up I would be hurting people and I promised never to do that. I need and will fight. Even if I am scared I will hold on for others....until I can do it for myself. I have moments where I am truly good but having more rough spots lately. I don't want to burden others or make them take care of me... I need to be able to do it. Even as much as I am hating writing this...I somewhat wish I was in denial or taking the easy way out. It would be easier.

Just sometimes people don't understand, like my parents, it isn't always a quick fix. you can't always just snap out of it or change it. It isn't as easy and we all know that. I wish people in my life would understand a little bit more. I know they don't have to but I feel soo alone. Even though I am not alone. i feel somewhat like it. I have soooo many conflicting feelings and thoughts. i am tired of the war...I want it to end...I want peace.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Devyn - thank you for sharing this with dad and me. I read all of them, and things have changed quickly for you, but we are trying to help and support you in this latest "hiccup"...you will succeed, you are strong, and you have a bright future no matter what ED tries to do. I LOVE YOU!! Mom