Sunday, April 25, 2010

What I am. What I am not.

I am a fighter. I am a wall of stone.
Nothing in this world can bring me down.
I am a daughter, a life long learner
Whose heart laughs and sings
With hope and joy I love to bring

I'm not a liar or crushed to bits
I'm not surrounded by hate or evil.
I'm not trapped by the "sick" me anymore
I'm not one to make excuses

I am a lover. I have my faith.
Nothing can stand in my way
I have support in endless waves
I am a friend, and care for others
With hopes to change lives to come

I'm not defined by others
Not a classification of a person
I am not that special
To not be able to overcome all this
I'm not one to take "no" for an answer

I am a girl who strives in life
I strive to be free
With the freedom to be me
Freedom in my life
With this journey

I am not wounded. I am not a victim.
I am not broken or shattered
I am not wearing a mask or hidden behind a facade
To not be able to face my fears
Is only a part of my past and not now
I don't let others decide my life for me

I am a girl who understands herself
And what i don't understand
I don't worry about
I live in the moment. I make choices
I take action on those choices.
So ultimately I can just be happy
I can just be me!

No comments: